- Category: Frontpage
Returning soon: Personal Infrared Sauna
Benefits of infrared sauna: May promote post exercise recovery, weight loss, reduced pain & stiffness, stronger immune system, lowered blood pressure, and increased blood flow in the body, by heating the core & boosting the body's healing processes.
After much research we chose an open design to allow all the benefits of infrared sauna in a comfortable convenient way.
Important factors we considered in choosing which type of sauna to offer:
- Sustainably sourced Canadian cedar that smells great and has no chemical off-gassing
- 6 super low EMF heaters surround the body for more thorough penetration - near infrared heat lamps, Tecology, Tru Infra thru Tourmaline Stone for the lower back. (When it's cold outside you won't want to get out!)
- Head & heart stay out of the heat by design, infrared interacts with the entire body systemically so there is no need to be completely enclosed to get 100% of the benefits without the risks associated with overheating the head & heart
- No need to sweat - it's true, you can still get the benefits without sweating but with a 90 - 170 degree temperature range you can choose the tradional method or the proven better results no sweat option
- The no sweat option allows the body to enter the heal/rest/digest state (parasympathetic nervous system dominant) for the entire time you are in the sauna
- Sit straight or recline in a seat designed for professional athletes that fits most adults comfortably
- No need to disrobe or change clothes, we do ask that you remove shoes
Experiencing it for yourself is better than reading about it!
- $15 Express Sauna Session
- $5 Express Sauna when added to a class
*Ask about package pricing discounts
Personal Infrared Sauna available by appointment. Contact Refined Alignment for more information.
- Category: Frontpage
Class Descriptions & Times:
(A blend of focused strength training, stretching, balance, & core work) Designed for those at any level who need or prefer a chair while gaining or maintaining strength, balance, alignment, focus & flexibility. *Hand weights &/or resistance bands encouraged for each class
Tuesdays 9:30 - 10:30 am
Thursdays 9:30 - 10:30 am
On the mat:
Promotes better postural alignment, strength, flexibility, balance, endurance, core & pelvic floor toning with awareness of how mindful breathing helps it all work better. This is a class to begin, recharge, or continue a life-long fitness practice. *Hand weights &/or resistance bands encouraged for each class
Tuesday 4:15 - 5:30 pm
Thursday 4:15 - 5:30 pm
*Most classes can be adapted for prenatal students as well as other health conditions, please disclose this information & have physician approval.
At this time classes can still be joined through the online platform GoToMeeting, or in-person as space allows. Please contact Refined Alignment if you have questions or want to sign up for a class. You will receive instructions, directions and/or a login specific to your requested class.
Pay by the month discount:
One class a week: $50/ month
Unlimited classes: $95/ month
Contact us for more information or to sign up!
(If you leave a text, email or voicemail we'll get back to you soon ~thank you)
- Category: Frontpage
After many sleepless nights, lots of prayer, and searching, I came to a decision that left me at peace. I went back to my foundation, my roots, why I started helping people exercise in the first place and I was reminded of some very basic things:
- As a Nation we are incredibly unfit, we aren't as healthy as we Could be;
- exercise is a powerful "medicine" and is Sadly underutilized;
- strength training is critical to a functional life, not falling/staying safe, aging Well and maintaining lean muscle tissue;
- flexibility reduces the risk of injury, muscle tension/soreness and Increases freedom of movement and improved posture;
- regular sustained movement is important for Circulation, metabolism and many aspects of health and well-being;
- many people don't have the knowledge, awareness, motivation or ability to do those things for themselves on a regular bas1s;
- fitness centers can be wonderful & gyms have their place but for a variety of reasons don't meet all the fitness needs for everyone.
Just because I was quitting yoga didn't mean I should quit fitness, especially at a time when it is critically needed.